Refund Requests

All student cafeteria balances automatically roll over to the next school year. The funds follow the student to his or her new grade and/school, as long as your child remains in a Prince William County Public School. If relocating or graduating from our district, please go to, click on "Pre-Payment Options" and then "Refund Request Form," to have your student's balance refunded.

If you are requesting a refund, please remove any SmartPay option you set up while using, to avoid any further charges to your credit card. Refunds are processed in the form of a check and typically take 3 to 5 weeks to process. They are delivered via mail. Additional time may be required at the beginning and end of each school year due to heavy volume.

Transferring an account balance to another student's account can also be done through the "Refund Request" link. Please provide the student's name, student ID # (if available), name of school student attends, and student's date of birth to receive funds.

You may also choose to donate excess funds in your student's account to students in need.

If you have questions, please contact PWCS Food and Nutrition Services at 703.791.7314.