Students will develop critical thinking skills in the discipline of history, while studying the events, people, and places that are a significant part of United States history since 1865. An emphasis is placed on the use of historical thinking skills to analyze and interpret history through primary and secondary sources.
UPCOMING DATES OF IMPORTANCE
Unit 7 Test: Booms Times, the Great Depression, and The New Deal (1920s and 1930s)
- This will include the unit vocabulary quiz and cover VA standards USII.6a-d.
* March 16th: Periods 1, 4, and 6
* March 17th: Periods 1, 5, and 7
3rd Benchmark: The test is intended to assess the development of historical thinking and geographic reasoning skills. Students will need to demonstrate the ability to source, contextualize, close read, and corroborate evidence, as well as show that they know how to read a map.
* March 27th: Periods 1, 5, and 7
* March 28th: Periods 1, 4, and 6