1. 8th grade high school preparation information:
Unbelievably, it is time to start thinking about and preparing for your child's transition to high school! Reagan Middle School has been in constant communication with our feeder high schools in order to best prepare your child(ren) for this transition. We'd like to make you aware of the following events for your information:
1. Mrs. Fitzpatrick (8th grade school counselor) and Ms. Covell (Director of Counseling) will be conducting classroom lessons regarding high school scheduling and transition in civics classes on the following dates: January 12 and 13 (Sharek), January 17 (Gulley), January 18 and 19 (Schultz), January 24 and 25 (Cloud).
2. Battlefield High School and Patriot High School will be having parent information sessions: Patriot's Freshman Night is Wednesday, January 18th at 7:00 p.m. in the PHS auditorium and Battlefield's Rising 9th grade Parent Night is Tuesday, January 24th at 7:00 p.m. in the BHS auditorium. In the event of inclement weather, we will post further information as soon as possible.
3. The Patriot Director of School Counseling (Terri Snoots) will visit Reagan to conduct a presentation with students that are zoned for Patriot (based on address) on Thursday, January 26th from 11:30 a.m. -12:30 p.m. during students' PE/music time.
4. The Battlefield Director of School Counseling (Julie Byrne) and a panel of 9th grade Reagan alum will visit Reagan to conduct a presentation with our students on Wednesday, February 1st from 11:15 a.m.-12:15 p.m. during students' PE/music in the gym.
5. Battlefield and Patriot school counselors will visit Reagan on Monday, February 6th and Tuesday, February 7th to conduct course selections with students individually . Students will report to the library in groups throughout both days to meet with an individual counselor to talk through course selections. Students will then bring home course selection papers and other information for parents to review and sign. Course selection forms are typically due one week after the date of selection. Sample course selection forms can be found in the "high school prep" file section below.
Please contact Amy Covell, Director of School Counseling, at email@example.com
or Erin Fitzpatrick, 8th grade school counselor, at FitzpaEL@pwcs.edu
with any questions or concerns.
2. Project CS Girls!!!
Attention girls in grades 6-8! Do you enjoy computer science and technology? Would you be interested in submitting a project in this year's Project CSGIRLS competition? Please visit www.projectcsgirls.com for more information!